Organizational Change Processes
About Leading Transitions and Our Approach:
When a person’s unique abilities are well matched with a particular organization’s needs, both the organization and the individual flourish. To help strengthen nonprofit organizations undergoing executive leadership transition we provide resources and assistance needed to help identify, secure, and retain extraordinary leaders. Leading Transitions LLC provides a full range of services to assure that human service organizations are able to find leaders of the highest quality and to successfully manage the transition during leadership change. We are committed to the work of the nonprofit sector and value the mission of service. We are invested in helping organizations attract and retain individuals who can successfully manage and lead today’s changing and complex society. We help organizations find executives whose education and experience reflect sophisticated business management ability, as well as a deep commitment and knowledge of nonprofit organizations.
Our responsibility to our clients involves an ongoing relationship beyond the placement of the new executive. We offer a wide array of services and resources that support the volunteer and professional leadership of our client organizations before, during, and after the placement of a new executive. Our firm’s mission and values reflect the dedication and service orientation of our clients.
Executive Search Service:
A multi-step process managed in close partnership with our clients. It includes the following:
- Evaluation of the employment need- The search begins with extensive evaluation of the client need. We meet on site with lay leadership and with staff to arrive at a thorough understanding of the organization, its culture, and the specifications of the position to be filled. We create a written position description that describes the profile, including qualification, responsibilities, background and leadership style sought for the position. Job specifications include title, reporting structure, compensation details, and other relevant employment policies. Once prepared, a draft of the position description is submitted to the client for approval. The position description reflects an understanding and an agreement between Leading Transition LLC and the client of the ideal candidate profile, and confirmation signals the beginning of the search.
- Outreach- Potential candidates are identified by conducting extensive research, utilizing a variety of methods to seek outstanding candidates. Through our extensive networks, internal computer database, the Internet, outreach and advertising, a pool of potential candidates is identified. The research phase takes several weeks, and at its completion all avenues of potential candidates have been considered.
- Candidate Screening- Prospective candidates are screened by telephone. Interested and promising candidates are evaluated for the necessary competencies and specifications. Profiles of the candidates’ employment history, talent, accomplishments, reputation and personality are developed and candidate credentials are assessed.
- Interviewing and Presentation- Based on screening results, the strongest candidates who most closely match the qualifications outlined in the job description are interviewed in person by Leading Transitions LLC, further narrowing the pool. The resulting pool of candidates is then presented to the client. Working from comprehensive written summaries of each candidate’s experience, educational background, and initial references, the client in consultation with Leading Transitions LLC selects a group for formal interviews.
- Client Interviews- Leading Transitions LLC arranges interviews, coordinating the logistics with clients and candidates. Leading Transitions LLC further assists the process by providing sample interview questions, guidelines for interviewing and rating charts with which to evaluate candidates. Leading Transitions also attends client interviews and facilitate decision-making as needed.
- Follow up- Leading Transitions LLC follows up with clients, offering referrals to on-site consultation during the first six months to assure a successful integration, as well as to assist with any unexpected issues of transition that may arise.